You must be at least the age of Majority (18 in the United States; older in some jurisdictions) to sign up with us. Please do not provide any of your information to us if you are under the age of Majority. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information about anyone under age of Majority, nor is this information knowingly used by us for any marketing or promotional purposes.
If we become aware that you are under the age of Majority and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the Website, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
- What information we collect about you and why;
- How we use information about you;
- How your information may be shared;
- How we store and process information about you;
- When and how we communicate with you;
- How long we may keep personal information about you;
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us;
- Information over the Internet and other websites;
- Offensive or inappropriate content;
- Legal disclaimer; and
- How to contact us.
- What information we collect about you and why:
- When you use the Website, there are different ways we and any service providers who assist us in managing the Website gather information about you. When you sign up with us, we ask for information such as your name and email address;
- We may keep a record of any electronic correspondence you send us. This helps us to keep track of any problems or concerns you may have had with our Website or services;
- If you are making a donation using your credit card, a third-party payment processor will collect your name, email address, postal address, contact details and credit card information. This record will be stored and processed in the United States and other countries (see further below under “How we use personal information about you” and “How we store and process information about you”);
- For credit card transactions, New York Common Pantry adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. So, when using an SSL capable browser, making a donation on the Website is the safest kind of transaction possible with a credit card; and
- At certain points where personal information is collected on our site, there may be a box where you may indicate you would like to be on a mailing list to receive information about other New York Common Pantry programs and services and about ways to support New York Common Pantry. This election box only appears in places where the department collecting personal information maintains such lists. At any time you can add or remove your name from a New York Common Pantry list by contacting us at Contact@NYCommonPantry.org.
- We may also obtain your personal information through your use of social media such as Facebook or Instagram, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media services. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
- How we use information about you:
Unless you otherwise consent, we will use your personal information only for the purpose for which it is submitted, such as:
- managing the Website and access to it so that it is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer;
- replying to your emails, handling your complaints and processing donations and requests related to our programs; and
- Research. Our research may lead to the publication of aggregate demographical information but will not result in the reporting or publication of any personal information provided to us.
- How your information may be shared:
All donor information is strictly confidential and is never shared with other sources. There are only a limited number of circumstances in which we may share with others some or all of the information about you that we hold; these are set out below:
- With agents and other third parties who assist us in the services we provide to you, for example, third-party analytics companies such as Google Analytics and Hootsuite, hosting sites or sites sending emails on our behalf, and with retail partners on the Website. In these instances, we provide only the information that they will need to perform their function. New York Common Pantry requires these third parties to comply with New York Common Pantry’s instructions and requires them not to use any personal information for their own business purposes;
- In the event that our business assets are ever sold to, or purchased by, another company (our information records are part of our business);
- With our joint venture partners;
- We may make available services such as blogs, message boards and chat functionality to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Website becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Website and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services certain personal information will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose personal information about you, or any other information, on the Website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY ANY THIRD PARTY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY SUCH SERVICES OR OTHERWISE ON THE WEBSITE; and
- With your express consent.
So far as practicable we will seek to ensure that each disclosure of personal information about you will be subject to an obligation of confidentiality.
- How we store and process information about you:
This Website is hosted in the United States. In order to communicate with you about local events, offers and opportunities and other news, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, used and processed by New York Common Pantry in the United States or one of our service providers based in United States or outside the United States. Such entities may be engaged in, among other things: (i) preparing and sending newsletters to which you subscribe; (ii) the processing of payment details; and (iii) the provision of support services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- When and how we communicate with you:
We may use the information we collect to contact you by mail, email and telephone so as to contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any services you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- to provide you with further information;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to the Website, e.g. on our message boards;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
- about a submission you have made to the Website, including any content you provide.
If your personal information changes or you would like to review the personal information we may have on file, please e-mail us with the new information or your review request Contact@NYCommonPantry.org. Let us also know what led to your submission of personal information so we may efficiently locate your information.
- How long we will hold personal information about you
Unless removal is requested by you, we will hold your name and email address indefinitely. Once your contact information is deleted, we will not use the contact information about you other than for administrative purposes.
Where you contribute content to the Website, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us:
At any time you can add or remove your name from a New York Common Pantry list by contacting us at Contact@NYCommonPantry.org.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Our Website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage information, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information. No personal information is collected.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you log on to the Web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address, so when a user requests pages from the Website, our servers log the user’s IP address. The IP addresses of our users are collected only for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers, our corporate affiliates or consultants, or with third parties that perform a particular service on our behalf. We do not combine IP addresses with any personally identifying information, nor do we compile any session activity reports by IP address.
A cookie is a small amount of information that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. New York Common Pantry uses non-identifying cookies to provide easier site navigation and access to forms. You can still use the New York Common Pantry website if your browser is set to reject cookies. Our cookies do not generate personal information, do not read personal information from your machine and are never tied to anything that could be used to identify you.
- Information over the Internet and other websites
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when information about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with information over the Internet, this will be at your own risk. By using the Website, you agree and authorize us to process information in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to information about you.
- Offensive or inappropriate content
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on the Website, we may use the personal information we hold about you to stop such behavior. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (for example, but without limitation, content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use the personal information we hold to inform relevant third parties such as your email/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
- Legal disclaimer
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your personal information.
- How to contact us
New York Common Pantry .
8 E 109th Street
New York, NY 10029
© 2019 NewYork Common Pantry, Inc. All rights reserved.
–revised Nov, 2019