May 19, 2017 - 11:30 am
You will help provide free grocery packages to low-income families. Specific tasks include packing produce, taking grocery orders on tablets, assembling and distributing each pantry package, and other activities as needed.
*All volunteers MUST wear closed toed shoes and comfortable knee-length clothing that can get dirty. Appropriate dress is pants or capris and t-shirts (nothing revealing).
Volunteers are an integral part of the efficiency and effectiveness of New York Common Pantry’s programs. Without our dedicated volunteers, we would not be able to meet the great demand of our food-insecure neighbors.Volunteering in our programs is great for individuals looking to give back to their community and groups looking to combine team building with community service.
The calendar below lists availability in our Choice Pantry and Hot Meal Programs.
- - Choice Pantry volunteers help provide free grocery packages for food-insecure families.
- - Hot meal volunteers help prepare or serve a nutritious meal to guests in need.
If you are interested in scheduling a volunteer activity for yourself (ages 14 and older)* or your group at our 8 East 109th Street location, click on the shift you would like to participate in on the calendar below and provide the required information to request participation. Our Volunteer Manager will then be in touch with details about your requested shift.
- - Please note that if no shifts are listed on a certain date, then we have reached volunteer capacity for that date. The first open dates in the following month appear at the bottom of each page.
- - Available volunteer opportunities are posted three months out.
- - For Group scheduling please contact Jane Levy, Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (917)720-9710.
We also need volunteers for our Nourish Program
, based out of the NYCP Mott Haven office and Hunts Point warehouse.
- - The Nourish Program provides supplemental food resources to low-income seniors.
- - Nourish takes place at our sites in Mott Haven and Hunts Point, as well as many partner sites throughout New York City.
- - Individuals and small groups of 2 to 5 people are needed once a month to pack and distribute food at partner agencies throughout New York City.
- - If you are interested in volunteering for Nourish, please fill out this form.
- - For additional information contact Stacy Gonzalez at email@example.com.
NYCP is expanding! Choice Pantry Bronx is opening in the Longwood neighborhood and volunteers will be needed at 1290 Hoe Avenue.
*All individuals (14 and older) will need to fill out a Volunteer Application
Questions? Reach out to us at (917)720-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click each picture to learn about some of our wonderful volunteers!